Our award-winning strategy is simple . . . development of a safety culture is the top priority at Sukut. Doing work safely protects the company's most valuable asset, our great employees.
Safe operations are productive operations, and when work is done safely everyone is a winner. We strive to provide an environment of open communications where employees can make suggestions for improvement and stop work if an unsafe condition or behavior is observed. With everyone working as a team it’s like a safety multiplier effect. The ultimate goal of the safety program is to ensure every employee goes home at the end of shift without an injury.
Programs that support the safety culture are:
• Safety “tailgate” and task training conducted in the field
• Safety integrated during the estimating process
• Project level risk assessment and hazards analysis
• Pre-task safety planning in the field
• Field audits by project staff and safety committee members
• Quarterly Safety Meetings for Foremen, Project and Executive Management
• Innovative training systems targeted at all organizational levels
• Safety Committee input and review for policy development
• Safety recognition and incentive programs
• Safety Bulletins to communicate lessons learned and reinforce expectations
• Environmental planning and compliance on all projects
• Numerous awards received based on Sukut’s safety achievements
World class safety can only be achieved when a “culture” has been developed, integrating the values of the company at all levels within the organization. This starts at the top with the CEO, and spills down through the Divisions, the Projects, Superintendents, Foremen and their crews.