- San Diego Gas & Electric Company
- Date Completed:
- March 25, 2015
- Lakeside, CA
- Description of Project:
Sukut constructed Phase 1 of 3 for SDG&E to accommodate upgraded 138kV and 69kV yards, transmission lines, and other substation facilities. The project consisted of blasting, handling, and exporting 165,000 cubic yards of rock in addition to rock dowels, new access roads, retaining and masonry walls, and drainage/infiltration facilities.
Project highlights included:
- Sukut self-performed 93% of the project scope.
- Drilled and shot 185,000N cubic yards
- Installed 6,320 linear feet of 15’, 20’ and 25’ rock blots.
- Moved 165,000 cubic yards of rock.
- Built new 14 feet high screen wall.
- Installed new CIP Retaining wall of 90 cubic yards.
- Developed new access roads and drainage/infiltration facilities.