- County Of San Bernardino Solid Waste Management
- Date Completed:
- April 25, 2014
- Rialto, CA
- Description of Project:
Mid Valley landfill is an active municipal landfill that opened Unit Three in 2000. Since that time, Sukut Construction has been an integral part of every subsequent cell that has been developed at this facility. Each project consists of a two-foot clay liner placed on 2:1 side slopes which was then covered by a double HDPE liner system. Sandwiched in the liner system was a layer of GCL.
The following is a brief description of the work completed:
• Screening and processing of 20,000 cubic yards of select materials.
• Processed and placed 50,000 cubic yards of Low Permeability Soil, 100% on side slopes.
• 515,000 square feet of Geosynthetic liner installation.
• Double liner with GCL 5,600 linear feet of LCRS installation on benches.
• Self-performed 52% of the work.