- County Of San Bernardino Solid Waste Management
- Total Value:
- Date Completed:
- January 4, 2016
- Barstow, CA
- Description of Project:
Sukut Construction excavated and stockpiled 60,000 cubic yards of soil. We also processed and installed 19 acres of final cover soil which included the installation of 15,000 lineal feet of Rip-Rap Bank Protection and 40,000 square feet of asphalt access road.
The following is a brief description of work completed:
• Value engineered fence modification which saved $50,000 to the project.
• Utilized a mass quantity of retained rock materials from earthwork processing operations to minimize the outside purchase cost of rip-rap to be used as bank protection.
• Using onsite materials versus purchased rip rap resulted in about 3,000 cys being recycled on the site.
• Worked with California RWQCB personnel throughout construction of the rip-rap bank protection which was located in a protected stream-bed area.
• Practices implemented by Sukut personnel provided overall protection to the channel area during construction efforts.