- County Of San Bernardino Solid Waste Management
- Date Completed:
- July 31, 2007
- Phelan, CA
- Description of Project:
Final landfill closure construction efforts for the Phelan Landfill included mass excavation, waste relocation, soil processing, final cover soil / unclassified fill placement, rip-rap bank construction, asphalt / concrete placement and misc. civil improvements. The project was constructed as a final measure for facility closure and approval from the Region Water Quality Control Board.
The following is a brief description of work completed:
• Soil excavation of 250,000 cubic yards.
• Processed and installed 50 acres of Final Cover Soil.
• Installed 3,000 linear feet of Rip-Rap Bank Protection.
• Installed 5,000 linear feet of asphalt down-drains.