- County Of Los Angeles Sanitation
- Date Completed:
- October 31, 2007
- Whittier, CA
- Description of Project:
Sukut Construction has been involved for many years with the Puente Hills Landfill. Work involved stabilizing an existing slide with drilled and grouted soil anchors and bearing blocks, mass excavation of 560,000 cubic yards on steep slopes, an underdrain collection system, 200,000 cubic yards of engineered fill, and a new AC access road.
The following is a brief description of the work completed:
• Soil excavation of 560,000 cubic yards in steep slopes.
• Installation of 125 soil anchors ranging from 45 feet to 95 feet deep.
• Installed 6,300 linear feet of keyway underdrains, sub drains, and down drains.
• Installed 500 linear feet of a gas interceptor trench.
• Self-performed 60% of the work.