- County Of Los Angeles Sanitation
- Total Value:
- Date Completed:
- October 31, 2007
- Whittier, CA
- Description of Project:
Sukut Construction has been involved for many years with the Puente Hills Landfill. Work involved stabilizing an existing slide with drilled and grouted soil anchors and bearing blocks, mass excavation of 560,000 cubic yards on steep slopes, under drain collection system, 200,000 cubic yards of engineered fill, and new AC access road.
The following is a brief description of work completed:
• Soil excavation of 560,000 cubic yards in steep slopes.
• Installation of 125 soil anchors ranging from 45-feet to 95-feet deep.
• Installed 6,300 linear feet of keyway under drains, sub drains and down drains.
• Installed 500 linear feet of a gas interceptor trench.
• Self-performed 60% of the work.