- County Of San Bernardino
- Total Value:
- Date Completed:
- April 24, 2014
- San Bernardino, CA
- Description of Project:
This project consisted of a massive debris removal operation for 284 homes that were burned during the Southern California firestorms. Major activities included Health & Safety monitoring for personnel; separation of waste streams for recycling; transport and disposal of all fire related debris; demolition of concrete structures and foundations. This work required Sukut employees to work in Level C protection at all times in the Exclusion Zone.
The following is a brief description of work completed:
• Debris removal, loading, and transport of over 55,000 tons.
• Traffic control and truck dispatch operations to four different clean-up area, concurrently.
• Water quality and BMP erosion control measures in all work areas.
• Documentation control for all debris removed on each parcel, as presented to FEMA.
• Conformance with Cal/OSHA consultation inspections / assistance.