- Shaw Environmental
- Total Value:
- Date Completed:
- November 28, 2013
- Fontana , CA
- Description of Project:
Sukut Construction excavated the existing slag pile to a designed subgrade. The construction of a four-inch soil layer cover was completed with the integration of a sophisticated storm drain system. At the Chemwest portion of the project a HDPE and Geocomposite liner, and a two-inch barrier soil layer were constructed in conjunction with an integrated drainage system.
The following is a brief description of the work completed:
• The excavation and movement of 250,000 cubic yards of slag material was completed.
• 453,000 cubic yards of imported material were used as cover soil material.
• The installation of 14,000 lineal feet of ADS drainage pipe, ranging from six inches to 30 inches was installed, including 55 inlet basins.
• Installed 175,000 square feet of Geo-synthetic clay liner.
• Size of the project was 60 acres.