- The Irvine Company
- Total Value:
- Date Completed:
- April 25, 2014
- Newport Beach, CA
- Description of Project:
In 1990, Sukut built the world-renowned Pelican Hill golf course. In 2005, Sukut Construction was asked by The Irvine Company to be a part of it’s consulting team and general contractor to construct the challenging world-class Pelican Hill Resort. Sukut also assisted in resolving the myriad of design construction issues associated with an aggressive schedule and complicated project. Due to the aggressive schedule, Sukut was constructing the project as it was being designed.
The following is a brief description of work completed:
• Move 2.4 million yards of dirt and install five large underground concrete cisterns (1.2 M gallons)
• Install 70,000 square feet of retaining walls.
• Install 6,000 lineal feet of storm drain, 6,000 lineal feet of sanitary sewer and water lines, street improvements, a 360 ft. golf cart bridge, and dry utility conduits.
• 55 Sukut employees on this project at any one time.
• Sukut constructed the project without plans being complete, known as design/build project.
• Self-performed 61% of the work.