- Standard Pacific Homes - Orange County
- Total Value:
- $44 Mil
- Date Completed:
- January 31, 2007
- Walnut, CA
- Description of Project:
Sukut moved more than 17 million cubic yards of dirt to create 268 mountain top lots for this multi-million dollar project that spans 268 graded acres. Sukut used new and innovative approaches to rebuild mountains, making this type of terrain a safer place to build communities. In fact, the use of GPS (Global Positioning System) technology for grade control is reinventing how a job is built.
The following is a brief description of work completed:
• 17,500,000 cubic yards of earthwork was completed to create 268 residential pads.
• 50 scrapers moved 1.5 million cubic yards moved per month.
• The project was completed in 17 months and completed with zero lost time incidents.
• 10 miles of concrete “V” terrace ditches were poured to drain the water from the hillside.
• 7,200 square yards of Geogrid, or fabric soil reinforcement lined the long entrance.