- Orange County Public Works
- Total Value:
- $22 Mil
- Date Completed:
- July 28, 2013
- Irvine, California
- Description of Project:
Sukut was the general contractor on this roadway and utility improvement project. The Alton project and the adjoining County of Orange project were set up to join the existing Alton Parkway Road from Irvine Blvd. in the City of Irvine, through the County of Orange, connecting at the 241 Toll Road in the city of Lake Forest. The Alton project included overlapping construction of cutting edge storm water facilities, such as 24 filterra boxes and a large gabion structure along with a complex arrangement of water and sewer pipelines, dry utilities, and street improvements.
Project highlights included:
- Sukut self-performed more than 50% of the work, including 8,000 linear feet of CMLC water line, as well as two pressure regulating valve stations.
- The combined length of the two projects totals over 2.1 miles of new roadway.
- Sukut temporarily relocated critical waterline facilities to facilitate the construction of a large box culvert.
- This work leads to a million cubic yards of mass grading in order to construct a new six-lane 1.2-mile roadway along with a wildlife habitat area and new county jail fence.